Here are some simple tips to help you maximise the life, fragrance throw and pleasure your Scarlet & Grace products will deliver.
Every Scarlet & Grace candle is carefully engineered to deliver a true sensory experience for the lifespan of the product.
Simply follow these instructions to maximise the life of your candle and ensure a perfect burn every time.
The first step to effective candle care is looking after the wick. Because every Scarlet & Grace candle is made using natural Australian soy wax ingredients our wicks are lead-free.
This means it’s important to trim the wick after every burn. For best results you need a wick trimmer. Buy a Scarlet & Grace Wick Trimmer Kit HERE.
By trimming the wick, you ensure a more stable flame, which helps reduce soot and any smoke negatively impacting the aroma of the candle. S&G wicks and jars are specifically designed to avoid tunnelling or wasted wax.
For Best Results.
- Remove all packaging and labels before lighting your candle.
- Place the candle on a level and stable surface.
- Burn for a minimum of 1 hour and a maximum of 4 hours (2 hours for small candles).
- Do not move the candle whilst alight.
- Do not move a candle that has recently been extinguished.
- Trim the wick(s) to between 5mm before relighting.
- Never leave burning candles unattended.
- Keep burning candles away from any flammable material.
- Do not burn the candle on flammable or delicate surfaces.
- Do not allow the candle to completely burn down to its base. Leave approximately 10mm of unburnt wax in the base.
- Keep out of reach from children & pets.
- Avoid placing the candle near strong draughts and wind.
Diffusers are the perfect way to keep any space smelling awesome. To maintain a consistent fragrance throw we recommend you turn the reeds every three or four days.
We recommend wearing gloves when turning the reeds and performing the procedure over a sink to avoid getting oil on surfaces or on your hands.
For Best Results.
- Remove from packaging and place on a level and stable surface.
- Untie and place reeds into the diffuser bottle.
- On first use allow at least an hour for the reeds to absorb the oil.
- Turn the reeds regularly.
- We recommend placing your diffuser at least 2 feet above the floor.
- Avoid placing your diffuser where it will be constantly exposed to sunlight.
- If you are placing your diffuser on a wooden surface, we suggest using a tray to avoid the risk of staining the surface.
- Never swallow the essential oil.
- Keep out of reach from children and pets.
- Do not allow liquid to make contact with textiles or finished surfaces.
- Wipe spills immediately with a damp cloth.
- Do not spill on painted or porous surfaces.
- Keep away from heat.